There are two types of survey for Asbestos
1. The management survey
The Management Survey purpose is required to manage Asbestos Containing Materials during the normal occupation and use of premises.
A Management Survey aims to ensure that:
- The environment nor public are in danger of being harmed by the continuing presence of ACM in the premises or equipment.
- That the ACM remain in good condition.
- That nobody disturbs it accidentally.
The Survey must locate ACM that could be damaged or disturbed by normal activities, by foreseeable maintenance, or by installing new equipment. It involves minor intrusion and minor asbestos disturbance to make a materials assessment. This shows the ability of ACM, if disturbed, to release fibers into the air.
2. Refurbishment / demolition survey
- The Refurbishment / demolition Survey is required where the premises, or part of it, need upgrading, refurbishment or demolition.
- This Survey does not need a record of the ACM condition.
A Refurbishment / demolition Survey aims to ensure that:
- Nobody will be harmed by work on ACM in the premises or equipment.
- Such work will be done by the right contractor in the right way.
This Survey must locate and identify all ACM before any structural work begins at a stated location or on stated equipment at the premises. It involves destructive inspection and asbestos disturbance. The area surveyed must be vacated, and certified ‘fit for reoccupation’ after the survey
Who is the duty Holder?
- The duty holder is defined as all those who have responsibility for the maintenance and/or repair of non domestic premises.
- The duty holder may well be the landlord, tenant or a managing agent, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- In some situations, responsibility could be shared between two or more parties.
Areas TS Asbestos cover
TS Asbestos undertake asbestos surveys, sampling and management throughout South East England covering East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and South London, including the following towns: Arundel, Ascot, Ashford, Banstead, Battle, Bognor Regis, Burgess Hill, Buxted, Chertsey, Chichester, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Eastbourne, Epsom, Ewell, Fareham, Godalming, Guildford, Hailsham, Haselmere, Hastings, Havant, Haywards Heath, Heathfield, Horsham, Leatherhead, Lewes, Littlehampton, Maidstone, New Romney, Portsmouth, Reigate, Rye, Sevenoaks, Southampton, Southborough, Sutton, Tenterden, Tonbridge, Uckfield, Wallington, Weybridge, Windsor and Tunbridge Wells.
Submit your review